I was up at the Sheffield Doc Fest at the weekend, third year on the trot picking up the latest films and meeting colleagues in the documentary world. Amongst the highlights were see Walter Murch (editor of The English Patient, Godfather sereis etc) talking about his career and how he organises his edits (see slightly geeky shots above of his Post its notes shots) He was a remarkably down to earth guy - but then that shows in his films which have a real benefit from this side of his character. He has just worked on the edit for the new film Particle Fever - which is going to be amazing! (link below)
Also watched some brilliant films - two being about sports people; a snowboarder recovering from head injuries in Crash Reel and how his (very functioning) family helped save him. And the Bradley Wiggins doco - pretty good too! The two films were commissioned by Sky Atlantic. Im feeling a proposal coming on…
Part of my on-going work for Investec - sponsors of England Cricket team… England’s cricketers preparing for the first test of the summer against New Zealand, featuring Captain Cook, Stuart Broad, Brendan McCullum etc…
My first C300 job! Moussa Dembele (Spurs forward/ hero) answers Twitter questions… and scores a few magnificent goals….
2013 Showreel list (+formats):
1. John Lobb - Making of (Digi Beta)
2. Investec - Theo Fennel Making of Derby Jewellery (Canon 5D, Zeiss 50,100mm primes)
3. Episodes - TV series EPK (XDcam)
4. Investec Derby - Event document film (F700, XDcam)
5. Royal Parks Foundation/ Tiffany - Across the Water (Canon 5D)
6. Swarovski/ Viktor & Rolf - Behind the scenes S/S10 (XDcam - F350)
7. Investec - Golf day with England cricket team (XDcam - F350)
8. Knorr - Meet The Chef’s (XDcam - F350)
9. Wonder - Agency website film (Canon 5D + 135mm prime)
10. Hovis - Making of ‘Go Lad’ (XDcam - F350)
Good to see an old job still going strong on a clients website! This one was of the Goodwood Festival for Investec - the cars were great, hopefully the video really captures the mood!